Today was an errand day, and since we had a ton of them I let the kiddos watch TV in the van. (A rare treat! But hey, a little bribery here or there never hurt anyone.) ((BTW, why do they call it Nickelodeon? It should be SpongeBobLodeon since that's all that's on. But I digress...))
One of these errands was lunch with Lance. We had picked him up, driven through a crazy-serious thunderstorm, gotten soaked running from the van into the restaurant, had a nice lunch, and then driven him back to work.
As Lance got out of the van the following occurred:
Me: Say good-bye to Daddy, boys!
*Silence*
Lance: Good-bye, boys!
*Crickets chirping*
Me: Sorry Daddy. You just can't compete with The SpongeBob.
At this point Lance left and we started to drive to Target. We had been on the road for a few minutes when I heard SpongeBob come to an end. In the rearview mirror I saw Spencer look as if coming out of a trance. He looked around, a little bewildered.
Spencer: Mommy? Where's Daddy?
Joshie: Daddy? Daddy! Where are you?!
Me: Um, we dropped Daddy off at work. He said good-bye to you.
Spencer: No! No he didn't! I want Daddy!
Joshie: No Daddy at work! I love him! Where is he?!
Me: Oh geez.
At which point another SpongeBob episode started.
*Silence*
One of these errands was lunch with Lance. We had picked him up, driven through a crazy-serious thunderstorm, gotten soaked running from the van into the restaurant, had a nice lunch, and then driven him back to work.
As Lance got out of the van the following occurred:
Me: Say good-bye to Daddy, boys!
*Silence*
Lance: Good-bye, boys!
*Crickets chirping*
Me: Sorry Daddy. You just can't compete with The SpongeBob.
At this point Lance left and we started to drive to Target. We had been on the road for a few minutes when I heard SpongeBob come to an end. In the rearview mirror I saw Spencer look as if coming out of a trance. He looked around, a little bewildered.
Spencer: Mommy? Where's Daddy?
Joshie: Daddy? Daddy! Where are you?!
Me: Um, we dropped Daddy off at work. He said good-bye to you.
Spencer: No! No he didn't! I want Daddy!
Joshie: No Daddy at work! I love him! Where is he?!
Me: Oh geez.
At which point another SpongeBob episode started.
*Silence*
1 comment:
I am soooooo jealous of your van right now!! I am coveting up a storm...now I need to go repent...but first I'm going to covet some more.
Post a Comment