So much has happened lately, but until today I haven't been really comfortable with writing about it. Here we go:
Our house was put on the market. I had to keep it clean. All. The. Time. Nearly impossible with three little boys at home, but I did it! Stress stress stress. Worry worry worry. And then, exactly two weeks later, we got an offer! An excellent offer! And we accepted it!
And then we learned that the house of our dreams already had an offer. Oh the agony! The confusion! Why why WHY??!? (No, seriously, I'm still wondering why we felt so strongly to sell our home, only to have all of this happen.) But... a glimmer of hope: they were accepting back-up offers because the first offer's financing was iffy. It was a Saturday. We wrote up an offer. We got financing (on a Saturday!). We prayed and stressed and hoped.
And then we got to work looking for another house.
Because while we were very hopeful that we'd get the home, we aren't stupid. We needed a back up plan. Especially because our close date is July 30th.
And that's what we've been doing since then. Looking at house after house after house. There have been a few that have been promising. But in the end we've always felt that we shouldn't buy any of them. (One of the basic principles of our faith is that we, as children of our Heavenly Father, can receive personal revelation and guidance. I know this to be true, and am so grateful for it.)
You can imagine the frustration. Egads, the frustration!!
Especially this week. On Monday the other realtor (for the house we want) let our realtor know that we would all know within 48 hours whether or not the financing for the first offer would go through. It didn't look good for the original offer. (Is it bad to feel happy about their misfortune? I can't help it.)
But 48 hours came and went. And we still don't have any answers. A million questions, but NO answers, which drives me absolutely batty. I just wish the sellers could cut ties with the original buyers, because I'm sure our offer is higher and more stable. But stupid purchase agreements won't allow that to happen. (You can't force someone to buy your home, but you can force someone to sell their home to you!)
So once again we're off to look at more homes tomorrow. Maybe we'll find the home we're supposed to buy. Maybe not. Maybe we'll get the original home we wanted. Maybe not. (Their close date is the 15th; we'll know by then!) All I know is that it will all work out in the end, because as hard as it is, I know we're doing what we're supposed to.
I just have to have faith. A LOT of faith. Because I like to always have a plan and know what I'm doing. And I certainly don't right now.
And I need to have patience. A WHOLE lot of patience. Lots of patience. A mountain of patience.
This is hard for me. Very hard.
To keep from going crazy while learning this patience I have started to pack. In the midst of doing so I saw this and it made me laugh:
Yeah, that's my bookshelf, full of boxes from the liquor store. Don't judge - they were free and they're excellent for packing kitchen glassware and stuff. But not exactly expected in the Madsen home, you know? (I just hope the bishop doesn't make any unexpected visits!)
Oh mercy. This is hard.
5 comments:
Now I know how you are staying sane!
I feel your pain!!! We are in the same decision making boat, although we're not buying a house. We keep getting the answer "no" for every path we choose. We're just trying to stay faithfull and open-minded. It's hard. Really hard. Our lease is up this month, so we may be homeless too.
Allison - Maybe we can be homeless together at the family reunion! :)
wow. man can i understand wanting to have a plan, with all of the details mapped out! I am confident that it will work out and look forward to hearing about how it does in the next few weeks. What an exciting time!
Good luck! It will work out, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard and stinky! I hope you find out soon...
Post a Comment