Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunday Smiles: Improving!

Tess is really getting better with the camera.  In fact, she was fussing yesterday when I put her on the couch for her weekly photo shoot, but when I brought out the camera and said "cheese!" she started smiling and cooing just like a pro.  (I think we have a kind of Pavlovian thing goin' on here.)


In this one her grin reminds me of a baby picture I've seen of my dad.  Maybe they had the same double-chins as babies.


What a cute little Tessie-girl I have!  Too bad the lighting wasn't better, or I would have gotten more pictures.  That, and I think my camera is slowly dying.  (Hang in there, camera!  I don't have the budget to replace you any time soon!  I love you!)


Now it's time to get back to the seemingly constant coughing and hacking that I have been enjoying in the evenings lately.  This cold started off so bad on Thursday night that I thought it could only get better.  I was wrong.  When we die I hope we get to ask a few questions about life here on earth.  One of my first will be "Why colds?  I mean, really, what was their purpose?"  Because I can't think of one good reason for colds. 

My next question will be "Why did you create Nevada?", which was a question posed by my (then) seven or eight year old brother Kevin as we drove through Nevada's barren wasteland to get back to Zion California after a trip to Utah.  I've pondered it ever since.

1 comment:

The Short Family said...

Cody's mom lives in Nevada and I have often wondered that myself on many a trip to visit her. My only conclusion is that you have to have ugly in order to appreciate beauty.