Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rice Crispie Treat DEATH MATCH: Maple Bacon (Bah-buh-buuuhmm!)

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present...


You read that right.  Maple.  BACON.  Rice crispie treat. 

Heaven have mercy on us all.  And our clogged arteries.

You might recall me mentioning that we had the missionaries over for dinner a few weeks ago.  Somehow the subject of our annual Halloween Doughnut party got brought up.  And then the Baconstein.  And then it was like a light bulb went off in my head.  "If bacon is yummy on a doughnut, it would certainly be yummy on a maple-flavored rice crispie treat.  Ding ding ding!!!!"

And so I made it. 

And it was so worth it.

The maple flavor was not as strong as I would like, but that's easily tweakable.  The rice crispies stayed crispy and the bacon didn't get soggy like I worried about.  It was an irresistible combination of sweet and salty.  Plus, it's one of those desserts that just gets better with age, a definite plus for a family reunion.

And did I mention BACON?

Do we have a winner?  Possibly, possibly.  I still have lots more recipes to try.  But do we have a contender for the short list?

Definitely.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

You need to post the recipe and then pin this bad boy on Pinterest.

Allison Serr said...

oh, my... that sounds AMAZING!!! Bacon always wins in my book.

PerkinsClan said...

I want! Recipe! Recipe! Recipe!

BrianG said...

I don't think this sounds very good. I love bacon, but I always wince a little when people put bacon in desserts. You will have to make us some to convince me.

Jen @ Jens Favorite Cookies said...

Bacon? In a krispie treat? Gross. I tried a bacon chocolate chip cookie once, and ended up throwing them out. They were disgusting. I love bacon, but bacon as a dessert is just wrong!!