Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tess is Fun

Tess and I are having great fun while Cole is at preschool.  Sometimes we stay home and play and work, but usually we run errands.  Today we found ourselves at Target looking at new church shoes and some new fall clothes.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I love polka dots and Target obviously does, too, because half of the clothes in the little girl section were dotty.  Love love love!  Unfortunately, none of it was on sale, and I refuse to pay full price.

But that didn't stop Tess from ooohing and aaaahhhing over all the cute clothes.  At two years old she is already a shopping diva; not sure how that happened because I've really tried not to take her shopping with me lately.  (Just a lot easier without the 2 year old!)  Must be genetic.  Anyways, she went from shirt to pants and then fell in love with all of the little tulle skirts.

Tres, tres chic.

She had put three in the cart by the time I snapped this picture.


I tried to sneak them out while she wasn't looking, but she caught me.

Oh, the drama!  Oh, the sobbing!  "My skiiiiiirrrrrrrrt!!!  Mine!!!  Miyyyyyaaaannnn!!! My pritty!  My cute skirt!!!"

Poor thing.  She has her mother's taste in clothes but obviously not her mother's budget.

It took a good 10 minutes and a sticker from the cashier for her to calm down. And then - and I am not making this up - on the way out she said clear as day "Mommy, I'm fun.  I'm fun, huh, Mommy?"

Yes, Tess.  You certainly are.

No comments: