Saturday, February 1, 2014

Big Girl Bed!

So on Thursday Lance came home unexpectedly at lunch and nonchalantly told me that he still has a ton of vacation hours he has to use before February 10th and so was taking Friday and the rest of next week off.

Awesomesauce.

Well, if your husband is home for a week you've got to come up with some sort of vacation or project or something.  But I'm feeling poor with all the buying of new beds and mattresses and bedding and repairing dang water heaters and booking hotel rooms for our trip this summer and paying for our house to stay warm now that we apparently live in the Arctic. So no vacations.  And all of my big projects that I want to get done are outside, so no honeydo lists, either.

But then Lance had an awful idea.  A terribly wonderful awful idea.

Why don't we potty train Tess?

I couldn't argue with his logic.  Potty training works so much better if two parents are home during the day.

But.

I felt like it would be silly to try to potty train her if she were still in her crib.  So this morning we moved the daybed out of Spencer's room and into Tess's. (Spencer will be sleeping on the trundle bed for a few weeks until I get up to IKEA and buy the bed I want.)

As you can see, Tess is super excited about this.


She loves her new bedding and that she can get in and out of bed whenever she wants.  She probably likes all the space, too - it was getting pretty cramped in that little crib.

It was a little bittersweet seeing that banged up, chewed on, milk-splashed crib get taken down and out to the garage.  We've had it for just over 10 years, and it's been up since we moved into this house.

I'm a little nervous about tonight.  Will she stay in bed?  (No.)  But will it be a HUGE fight like it was for Josh and Cole. (Please no. PLEASE NO.)

And will this plus potty training be too much change at once?  Hard to say.  Each child is so different, and no matter how well you think you know them, they always seem to surprise.

All I know is, potty training her brothers was a living hell.  Seems to me that if the Potty Training Gods are just at all, things should be a lot easier this time around.  (Please.  PLEASE.)

Guess it's all up to this little cutie.


No comments: