Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cole Appleseed

Cole is flourishing in his pre-k class.  He LOVES being there and is doing so well!  I have been really impressed with the class and teachers.  Last week the topic was farms, and one day a huge combine tractor was out in the parking lot and the kids got to climb up in it.  The next day live chickens were brought to class!  And the day after that there was another big tractor to explore; it was all very impressive.

This week's theme is apples.


They made applesauce today, and after class Cole made sure both Tess and I had tasted it. (They left samples out in the hall for us to try.)  He was so pleased with his hat and his applesauce making skills!


I think Cole could have probably handled Kindergarten this year.  BUT.  It would have been rough.  Really rough.  I think this pre-k class is just perfect for him and I'm so glad he's in it.  (And I was thinking about it on Josh's birthday - Cole will only be 3.5 months older than Josh when Josh started Kindergarten, so it's not like Cole will be an ancient Kindergartener next year.)

No comments: