That night we went out to dinner to Christo's - I think Lance was trying to choose somewhere we don't normally go. It was decent. However, we drastically lowered the median age in that joint!
We came home for presents and desserts. Can you tell I let the kids choose one of his gifts? Yay Costco fireworks! He also got a new rotary tool, some beef jerky, and one of those plastic things that you put underneath your office chair. (His was wearing out.) Let me tell you, getting that thing up to the register and out to the car was a PAIN since Costco doesn't roll them up. Sheesh.
Lance loves pies and berries. So when Spencer and I spotted this at Costco the day before we knew it was the dessert for Lance. (Can you tell we really enjoyed our Costco trip?) The picture doesn't do it justice.
It was so good! (Especially because I didn't have to make it.)
And of course we had to have candles and sing. Cole was disappointed we only had 8 candles instead of 38. One of these years I'll put the right number on for Lance, although we'll have to do it outside so the smoke alarm doesn't go off. (Hah! It's funny 'cause it's true.)
Cole was in fine singing form that night. And by singing I mean screaming. Oy.
The real party was the next night with his annual birthday LAN-palooza. Something like 16 people signed up to come. Over 30 showed. What the what, LANners?! And of course it was one of the hottest days of the year, so our AC had quite the workout. The utility closet was open in a futile attempt to cool things off.
One of the guys brought his virtual reality set. I even had a chance to use it and it was pretty cool! I never 'forgot' that it wasn't real, but it was really, really cool. I'd do it again. I don't think I'd pay $1000 or whatever for the whole set up, but heck yeah I'll try it for free! Spencer and Josh also had a chance at it and really liked it. (I suspect they would pay $1000 for one!)
Josh is in his uniform because he had a game that evening. I was a mean mom and forced him to go. Good thing, too, because his team actually won! (Not a common occurrence...)
Dad and Susie gave Lance a Panda Express gift card for his birthday, so the LAN party had lots of orange chicken, Beijing beef, chow mein, and fried rice. Other LANners chipped in and bought a crazy number of Little Ceasar's pizza and bread sticks. All I know is that they all overbought because we have SO MANY leftovers - even though our family had LAN food all weekend I still ended up freezing some of the pizza and there's still Panda stuff downstairs. Oh, and don't forget all the chips, cookies, and Mountain Dew (yuck) that was left behind. I guess it's a small compensation for all the electricity used that night!










No comments:
Post a Comment