So we had this deal with the kids that no one would get out of bed before 7am. So of course I heard footsteps outside my door at 5:30am.
I was able to ignore the noises until just before 6:30am, when Tess came up to my side of the bed and scared the bejeezus out of me. There was no way I was going to go back to sleep, so up I got!
I wasn't the best at taking pictures this year. It was just fun watching the kids open their gifts and be excited!
Here's Tess with her 20 pack of Shopkins. Woo-hoo!
We thought Josh would have an attitude and complain about all his gifts (as he has done in the past...) but he was actually pretty well behaved! Even grateful for some of his gifts! The only thing he was really jealous about was the Star Wars Can Cozy Cole got in his stocking. What the what? Who knew that would be so coveted?
This guy is getting hard to shop for. Too big for toys, too young for just clothes and stuff. But I think he was happy with the things he got.
Even Lance was well-behaved with his gifts! ;)
Lance and I splurged on Cole and bought him a telescope. He was... less than enthused. However, I'm not too worried. I know once we get a clear night and set it up, he's going to love it.
Spencer got a music stand, so now Tess won't have to hold his music when he records himself for saxophone tests!
I had originally planned for Santa to give each person their own case of soda. But then Tess found my secret hiding place in my closet. Dang it. So then I was just gonna wrap them up and put them under the tree. But nope, I totally forgot. So everyone got their soda at lunch that day.
Lance and I spent the morning cleaning up a little and hanging up this new thing in the laundry room. Woo-hoo! The old one I had would let the broom randomly slide out at times and freak me out when I was home alone.
We also got a Nest, which is SUPER COOL. Or at least, it was for the day we got to use it. (More on that later.)
We spent the rest of the day watching movies, lounging around, eating, napping, and playing. It was a great Christmas!
But the next day? The next day was not a great Christmas. Tess and Lance both woke up sick, so we couldn't go to church. And then I discovered the furnace had died. (Trust me, it's not the Nest - something with the ignition is dead.)
So once again we spent the day lounging, napping, watching movies, etc. Only this time I also had a pot of water simmering on the stove to keep up the humidity.
And the fireplace was on all day. Fortunately, it wasn't that cold outside, so we never got too chilly.
Today is the day after Christmas, but our regular HVAC guys are off. (If we really wanted to we could pay them time and a half to come out today. I did not really want to.) Dang it. Fortunately again, though, it's also 60 degrees today! It cools off quite a bit again tomorrow, but hopefully we'll get the furnace up and running before we freeze too much. It seems like we are constantly having things like this happen. I have no idea why. I promise we do regular maintenance and treat our appliances right. Growl. Hopefully it won't be too pricey, since we just had 2 birthdays, bought a new fridge and microwave, went on vacation for Thanksgiving, and had Christmas! I'm beginning to feel poor and picked on!















No comments:
Post a Comment