The first 2 weeks of break included swimming lessons up at Happy Hollow pool. The kids all had a great time, even though there were some pretty chilly mornings! (We didn't have any rain days, though, so there's that.)
Tess is slowly but surely getting more comfortable in the water. This was on life jacket day.
All three boys made full use of the diving board on the last day.
Cole was especially pleased with himself - he was too scared to jump last year. Well done, Cole!
Friday was Lance's birthday. Did I get a single picture of the birthday boy? No, I did not. But I did get a picture of these luscious peaches Gigi and I got from the Georgia Peach truck that morning. SO GOOD. I made a couple of pies, some pie filling, some jam, and froze a bunch, and we've been eating and eating them. So yum.
Lance had his annual LAN party that night. Josh also had a ball game, which I went to by myself. (Which was actually kinda nice - no kids there to bug me or whine or entertain...)
Josh's team has finally figured things out and they're on a 5 game winning streak. I like this time of year in Little League because the kids all play better and the games are more interesting.
Saturday was our ward's summer social. This was the only picture I thought to take - so many kids on that merry-go-round! We had a nice lunch, although I felt like attendance was small.
Miss Tess is the only kid who likes to eat the peaches. She's a smarty.
Cole had a double-header the other night. IT WAS SO STINKIN HOT. And humid. A breeze picked up later on so it wasn't so bad. But still.
Cole's team wins some and loses some. They're kinda on a losing streak right now, which means Cole isn't nearly as interested in playing.
Poor hot kid.
Tess LURVES to go to the games because she likes to play with all the other siblings of players. She gets to eat yummy treats and get completely messy.
Her messiness exceeded expectations that night.
Josh had an eye appointment today, so we made an afternoon of it. We started at Costco for lunch. We then did a little shopping, and I had to stop my kids several times, making very serious threats the last time because they were behaving as if they had never been in public before. Good heavens.
Then we made a quick trip to the Art Museum's free gardens. I accidentally called it a park, and Cole pouted the whole time because his idea of a park and my idea of a park are two different things. (He was expecting a giant playground. All he got were giant sculptures and some swings.)
The park is right on a lake and it was SO HOT AND HUMID. You just wanted to melt away.
I made them pose here because I just loved how green and lush it was!
This is how I felt by the end, too. SO HOT.
We ended our trip with Josh's eye appointment. It wasn't as wild as this picture might suggest, but it wasn't exactly fun, either.
And good news on Josh's eyes: by December they're going to take away his glasses; they don't think he'll need them anymore. If his eyes start to cross again he'll need surgery, but if they don't he'll be all done! Fingers crossed and prayers said for the latter option.
























No comments:
Post a Comment