Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Happy 7th Birthday, Tess!

Today our little Miss Tess turned seven years old! She'd been waiting an ENTIRE YEAR for this day and was super excited! So excited, that she woke up at 5:45 this morning. Oof. But she did pretty well despite the lack of sleep, and I think the day lived up to her expectations.

Yesterday I made her cake, because cake just tastes better the 2nd day, I think. Plus, today was just so dang busy! Tess requested chocolate raspberry, so I bit the bullet and bought off-season raspberries. I think I added a bit too much (homemade raspberry!) syrup to the cakes, so there may have been a little slippage between layers, but the cake didn't collapse before she blew out the candles, and it tasted like Deliciousness, and what more could you want?


I always decorate the night before. This year I made a new banner, only to have Cole point out that I strung it incorrectly and it said "Happay Birthdy". Oops.


And there was much teasing of the mother.


Tess was already up before I left at 6am to get her birthday doughnuts!


Tess was living the doughnut dream today: doughnuts for breakfast, doughnuts before school at Muffins for Moms, and I sent 2 dozen doughnuts with her to class to pass out this afternoon! It's all about priorities. Doughnut priorities.


I let her open a present before school and it was a toy that had been sold out at WalMart, but I found it on Amazon! It was all the more exciting because she really wasn't expecting it.


I'm not even sure what it's called. LOL Surprise Confetti doll thingy. It's a ball, with little compartments that hold little surprises.


And then you pull a string and the ball pops apart and confetti flies and you get a doll and all the little bits you pulled out earlier are accessories for the doll. She was very, very happy with it.


She also got a rather large, fluffy pink piggy bank, which I did not attempt to wrap.


Tess is the last of my kids to request a birthday shirt. *sigh* It turned out pretty cute, right?


Lance and I took her out to lunch, and she chose to go to Sam's Club - still her most favorite place! This makes me laugh; that girl sure loves hot dogs! She was just so happy and excited to be out of school and on a birthday lunch date with her parents.

She had also asked and asked and asked for Roblox action figures. Which she got and played with all afternoon.



She's getting so old but is still so small!


We had a packed evening with mutual, cub scouts, and a scout court of honor at the stake center, so we had to do cake and the rest of the presents pretty quickly. Tess didn't mind - she just wanted to dig into that cake! (She's really gotten into cake lately.)





There was still one candle lit after she blew, but she quickly got it out and exclaimed "That's the best I've ever done!" Which is true, because she's always had issues with blowing those dark candles out! (But I had forgotten this, making it all the funnier.)


She also got a new tablet, complete with (Cricutted) name on the back. Super fancy!


Grandpa ElRay and Grandma Susie sent her the toilet bowl game, and her reaction was awesome - she couldn't stop laughing!







As I was putting her to bed I asked if she had had a good birthday, and she replied "The best!"

That personifies Tess so well. To be honest, I hadn't given her birthday much thought this year until about last week. What with everyone being sick in March and then Spring break and then our trip to Boston, her birthday kind of snuck up on me! Poor forgotten 4th child! And today was kind of a crazy day, leaving for school early and not getting much time in the evening before running off to all the boys' activities. But Tess just rolled with it and enjoyed herself and was happy. She was grateful for all of her presents and gracious in sharing them with her brothers.

Tess is a sweet, kind, funny, tenacious girl. Don't get me wrong - she certainly has her moments! (Don't we all?) But she's turning out to be just a great person, who cares for others and is happy to help. I'm so happy she's in our family. I love you, Tess!

No comments: