It's as if I live in Opposite World today. As I type, Josh is quietly playing while six year old Spencer yells, screams, cries, and tantrums in his room. It's all because of McDonald's. And Valentine's Day.
I thought I'd be nice and take the boys to McDonald's for lunch today. It was right next to the repair shop where I needed to pick up our vacuum and steam cleaner. Plus, it has a huge play area and the boys really needed to run around and get rid of some of their energy. Unfortunately, after we had already ordered and paid for our food we realized that the play place was closed for maintenance. Oh, the horror! The humanity! Spencer was much put out, and was sure it was all my fault. He refused to eat his food. This is generally how Josh behaves, so you can imagine my surprise when Josh acted perfectly at peace with the play place being closed and proceeded to eat his entire meal. (Cole surreptitiously stole french fries from his brothers during all of this.)
When we got home I announced that we had to work on Valentines, since Spencer has to take his to school by Wednesday and Josh needs to take his to the Toy Room (where he goes while I work out) by Friday. Josh colored on and glued candy to 20 of his Valentines and was happy in the process. Spencer, on the other hand, was anything but happy. He definitely needs to work on his handwriting, so I've been having him write the names on his Valentines, just a few each day. (There are only 22 kids in his class.) Oh the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth! The cries of agony and despair! It took the child 45 minutes to do five cards. Then he started a HUGE tantrum because I wouldn't let him have more than one piece of candy. At that I sent him to bed, with threats of death if he dared to come out before the 20 minutes timer went off.
I am, as you know, and as Spencer repeatedly pointed out, the World's Meanest Mother.
I thought I'd be nice and take the boys to McDonald's for lunch today. It was right next to the repair shop where I needed to pick up our vacuum and steam cleaner. Plus, it has a huge play area and the boys really needed to run around and get rid of some of their energy. Unfortunately, after we had already ordered and paid for our food we realized that the play place was closed for maintenance. Oh, the horror! The humanity! Spencer was much put out, and was sure it was all my fault. He refused to eat his food. This is generally how Josh behaves, so you can imagine my surprise when Josh acted perfectly at peace with the play place being closed and proceeded to eat his entire meal. (Cole surreptitiously stole french fries from his brothers during all of this.)
When we got home I announced that we had to work on Valentines, since Spencer has to take his to school by Wednesday and Josh needs to take his to the Toy Room (where he goes while I work out) by Friday. Josh colored on and glued candy to 20 of his Valentines and was happy in the process. Spencer, on the other hand, was anything but happy. He definitely needs to work on his handwriting, so I've been having him write the names on his Valentines, just a few each day. (There are only 22 kids in his class.) Oh the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth! The cries of agony and despair! It took the child 45 minutes to do five cards. Then he started a HUGE tantrum because I wouldn't let him have more than one piece of candy. At that I sent him to bed, with threats of death if he dared to come out before the 20 minutes timer went off.
I am, as you know, and as Spencer repeatedly pointed out, the World's Meanest Mother.
It's tough being the World's Meanest Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment