Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wave 'em Like You Just Don't Care

You know what I love?  I love it when babies sleep with their arms above their heads.


I don't know why, but I find it dang cute.  Doesn't she look so relaxed?


You know what else I love?  That little baby straight jacket the hospital gave us.  It's perfect for swaddling.  (Not that she's swaddled in this picture!)  Tess is not always a huge fan of being swaddled, but she sleeps sooo much better when she is!  In fact, I had kinda forgotten about the straight jacket the last few weeks and then rediscovered it the other day.  Tess has now slept through the night 2 nights in a row. (From 11pm to 6am!!)  Despite any protests, she'll be tucked into that sleep sack from now on!


You know another thing I love?  When newborns snuggle up on your shoulder and nuzzle your neck and fall asleep.  It makes me so happy and drowsy and warm and fuzzy.  No matter how uncomfortable I was, it made life so much better each time I was in the hospital with Tess.  Seriously, is there anything more pleasant in life than that?  Hardly.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

we forced (i mean, lovingly wrapped) gavin into one of those swaddle sacks for months (i can't really remember, but i *think* he even slept in one at 5 or 6 months!). it worked like a charm!

Kyle Roper said...

I am Cornholio!!