Once again we are rating kids meals around town, all in the name of science. "Science". Yeah, the quotations marks make that statement more accurate.
This week we made a list of all the possible places we wanted to have for lunch. We even made an Excel spreadsheet and created a ranking system, 1-10 for four different parameters: taste, variety, toy, and convenience. We talked about how ranking is not very scientific, but that's okay. We also talked about averages. I think Spencer got it - Josh just kinda smiled and nodded. Tess and Cole were just happy to be going out for lunch!
We originally thought we'd go to Wendy's today, but at the last minute we went to Igloo, a local burger/frozen custard place. I'm so glad we did - it was really yummy!
The kids really liked sitting at the lunch counter.
They weren't so thrilled there'd be no toys with the kids meals, but this secretly made me quite happy. (This fact got a higher score from me!)
I got a cheeseburger and onions rings. Totally healthy, I know. I don't usually get onions rings, but Lance does and since he's gone this week I got them in his honor. They were alright; nothing special. The french fries I kept stealing from my kids? SO GOOD. Extra crispy and yummy and not too fat and not too thin. Just right. Good job, Igloo.
Spencer and Josh had the chicken tenders (actually, it only came with one tender each, which was a little weird) and Tess and Cole both got corn dogs, which they were very happy about.
We ended the meal with some kid cones of frozen custard. I had dark chocolate peanut butter, which was quite yummy but not peanut-buttery enough for my taste. Eating at Igloo is probably a bit more expensive than at other local fast food joints (we spent just under $30 for the five of us), but the food was really good, the service great (the owner was super friendly), and I like supporting local business.
TOTALLY SCIENTIFIC SCORE: 28/40
I suspect the score is a bit low due to a lack of toys. My personal score was 33/40, and since I'm the one paying for lunch I think my vote is a little more heavily weighted. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment