Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Photo Shoot

Poor Spencer. He's got a pretty nasty virus. For the past few days he's had a fever and chills and a nasty 10-pack-a-day cough. Couple that with a little pukiness and some viral-induced hives and he's pretty miserable.  He's kinda zoned out most of the time on Benadryl. And it's been like this for a good three days now - is this kid ever gonna get better? (I'm sure he's wondering the same thing.)

True story: yesterday I dropped $40 at CVS getting things like child ibuprofen, child Benadryl, cortisone anti-itch cream, calamine lotion, and cough drops. I should've picked up a big bottle of hand sanitizer as well for the rest of us.  Oh well, I will just have to be diligent in my hourly Lysoling of the entire house, trying to keep everyone else healthy.

So, since Lance had to teach a lesson today at church, I'm the one who gets to stay home with Typhoid Spencer. And since I wasn't rushing around getting ready this morning I was able to have a little Christmas photo shoot with Tess.  (Why not the boys?  Because they just don't care and/or are covered in hives.)

Tess is most definitely going through A Phase.  Sassy and tantrum-prone and impatient.  And she and Cole?  Bitter enemies most of the time, fighting like cats and dogs. Unless they're conspiring against me, in which case they're more like a couple of comic book villains. (Not very competent at their evil-doing, but enough to cause some trouble and get some attention.)


For example, yesterday morning she got upset that Cole had the hot chocolate mug that she wanted. So she flung her swiped her mug of hot chocolate across the table. That was the beginning of a morning full of time outs.


But she's also quite darling and cute. She can even be sweet when she wants.


Getting her to smile and look at the camera? Not so much. I would say "Cheese!" and she would reply with "POOP!" A lot of the pictures have her making a duck face.



She's very excited about being three. I wonder if she'll refuse to turn four like Cole did? (One can only hope, because that was a pretty entertaining phase.)


Tess also LOVES the tree. I am constantly having to tell her to leave it alone. This is why the bottom half is mostly decorated with shatter-proof ornaments.



The photo shoot ended as I suspected: with Tess in her pouting corner. She is the pouting queen, after all.



No comments: