We finally got to go to Monster Mini Golf for Spencer's birthday.
Tess refused to play and clung to my legs because she was kinda scared of the decor. Cole showed us all up by making some spectacular shots and was generally a happy camper. Josh whined and took a lot of mulligans. And Spencer really needs to up his game if he's gonna trash talk like he does. Just sayin'...
But make no mistake about it - the kids had a FANTASTIC time.
I, on the other hand, had the epiphany that I had actually paid to dodge errant clubs at kneecap level and yell at my kids to "GET OUT OF THE WAY" every 19.3 seconds. Granted, with all our free passes we had I only ended up paying $6 total. But still, the point stands.
I'm pretty sure when our kids are older they will be surprised to learn that Monster Mini Golf was most definitely NOT my favorite activity. And when they have kids who want to do the same sort of thing, they'll understand why I was willing to do it for them.
(p.s. I got 2 hole-in-ones this round, which helped ease my pain a little... and helped me teach Spencer some appropriate trash talking.)

No comments:
Post a Comment