Last night was the annual Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet, and Josh was pretty excited. Not because he earned a bunch of awards. (Don't even GET me started on how little his pack has been doing in that area lately... Growl.) No, he was excited because his idea for the skit was chosen!
Josh could give you a MUCH more detailed explanation of the plot, but here's my mercifully condensed version:
A scout leader was playing Minecraft. This motley crew were his Minecrafter guys.
There's Josh - the one with the blue and green striped sleeves.
And then the Creeper came and killed everyone. And then they respawned. And then the Cub Scout Bear and Wolf taught them how to make weapons and take care of themselves. And then they killed the Creeper. The end.
In the tradition of Cub Scout skits, it was hard to hear, hard to understand, and took about 10 minutes long when it really could have been done in 2.
**FUTURE JOSH: I love you. So very much. But once you have your own Cub Scouts you'll understand why I say the things I say about Cub Scouts...**
Cole tried to get through the skit by drinking. Unfortunately, the water was all gone.
Yes, that is the skit going on in the upper left corner. Yes, I was paying attention. Mostly. I just found Cole to be more interesting.
He sure entertained himself with that pitcher!
Oh wait - back to the skit! Here's Josh, off to kill the Creeper.
And here's Cole with the pitcher again. In my defense, I'm pretty sure the skit was over at this point.
And here's Daddy and Tess. Having Tess at a late (for her) dinner was about as fun as you would expect.
Okay, I'm a bit snarky. But I am proud of Josh for coming up with that skit and being so excited about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment