If you're a faithful blog reader you might remember my snarkiness concerning a "graduation" from preschool for Cole last year.
My feelings have not changed.
Once again there were families there with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. And I was there alone. And I was, once again, fine with this. Because it's preschool, people. Preschool.
However.
This being the very last preschool graduation I will ever be obligated to attend, it was a little different. Also, Tess was way more entertaining in singing the songs and such than her brothers ever were. Spencer, Josh, and Cole were all more focused on getting through the program so they could have treats. Tess was all about being the star and putting her heart into the songs. It was pretty entertaining.
Instead of keeping programs I now just snap pictures of them. Much easier to keep track of!
I was pretty much in a terrible spot to take pictures of Tess, dang it. There's that mic stand in the way and then this grandma right in front of me kept leaning into my line of sight.
I still got a few good one, though.
Okay, now for the videos. I know most people don't want to watch other people's kids sing, and I get that. But if you're in need of a chuckle, check out the 2nd one. Tess is pretty awesome with the motions.
As you can hear in the songs, Tess is a good little Methodist now. (I'd be worried, but she knows far more primary songs than preschool ones, so I think we're all good.)
Here she is shaking her teacher's hand and getting her diploma.
Not sure what that smile is all about...
So when they announced each child's name to come get their diploma they also announced the superlative they decided to give each child based on their personality. Tess literally BOUNCED down to her teacher and twirled to receive her diploma. I'm kicking myself for not recording it. So her being the "Class Actress"? Not so surprising. (Also, Class Actress = Drama Queen. Also not so surprising.)
We watched a 15 minute slideshow with pictures from throughout the year. They included a section with a picture of each child and what they wanted to be when they grew up. Tess wants to be "A mommy with long hair and a baby". (I actually already knew about this because we had to make a paper doll showing this.) Still, it got a good chuckle and lots of "Awwwws" from the audience. And it made this momma's heart happy. I must be doing something right!
Afterward there were cookies and treats to enjoy, as well as a photo booth with costume props. Tess was, of course, a princess.
And we had to get a picture of Tess with her "besterest friend" Grace. Every day they would show off what they were wearing and compare their haircuts, which were exactly the same.
And here's Tess with her teachers, Mrs. Ford and Ms. Purdue. They were such great teachers and Tess loved them!
I feel really grateful that Tess had such a good experience at preschool. Now, onward to Kindergarten!












No comments:
Post a Comment