Instead, let's play a little catch up.
Last week was Muffins for Moms. Only I had a doughnut, because when there are chocolate cake doughnuts from Mary Lou's YOU EAT THEM. We had to sit on the stairs to the stage because it was so crowded and there weren't 4 seats together in the entire cafeteria. Also, Muffins for Moms is usually around Mother's Day. This, combined with a few other things school has done earlier than normal this year, has thrown off my internal mom-of-school-children clock. I feel dizzy. (Perhaps I need another doughnut.)
Actually, I really did feel all out of whack last week. I went to get my usual blood test for my thyroid and was sure they would come back all crazy, but nope. I was both relieved and annoyed. Stupid hormones. Also, I had a student phlebotomist poke me. And that's all she did - poke. And move the needle. And make me want to smack her and grab that dang needle out of my arm. Fortunately, my usual phlebotomist took over and got the blood draw. But ouch. I'm usually fine with students for medical stuff - they have to learn somehow, right? - and have never really had an issue with one. But now I'm rethinking being so easy going.
This girl went to Kindergarten Round Up last week and was on top of the world. I of course forgot to take a picture. Dang. She loved every minute and put up a fuss when it was time to leave. She truly thought she was starting Kindergarten then. At 6pm. If only, Tess. If only. (That's a Timberwolf she got for visiting all the stations that night. Go Wea Ridge Timberwolves!)
I got a new vacuum cleaner. Woo-hoo! (Adulthood...) I have sincerely loved my Dyson, but it started acting funny last month. I figured out some of the problems and then found out we were out of warranty by 3 measly months. Dang it. To replace the broken parts would cost at least $150 and wouldn't guarantee it would work great again. So I decided to buy a new vacuum, and after quite a bit of research I decided to go with a Shark this time. All the reviews say they're just as good and quite a bit cheaper. And so far - I think they're right! I love this vacuum! The Dyson still works well enough to now become the basement vacuum, so we'll still visit often. Hah. We call the new vacuum the Sharknado. It's already picked up an embarrassing amount of dirt from our floors.
I have the crazy eyes in this picture and its not the most flattering pose, but I dared to combine polka dots and florals for church the other day and I liked the result! I was feeling pretty trendy.
You know what else is trendy? Color in your hair! I've been thinking about doing this for a while and finally bit the bullet today. I really like it! I feel like one of those cool moms - you know the ones. I feel like, Yeah, I'm a pretty typical, conservative mom of 4 but wait - what's that? Teal highlights?! Maybe this mom's not quite so boring! Maybe she's a little more wild than originally thought!
Apparently teal highlights make me have weird conversations with myself. And a few delusions of grandeur.
Who am I kidding. That's a daily occurrence.
I really do like them, though. Just in time for spring and summer.
I NEVER would've done something like this to my hair when I was younger. I was preppy and whatnot. (Plus, it wasn't the trend.) Heck, I never even used to color my hair, but that's not an option now because I don't think I'd quite rock the grey yet. I get my hair colored every 6 weeks - getting a color like this and maintaining it isn't really that big of a deal, now!
I'm kind of excited to see what the little old ladies at church think this Sunday.
Tess got a haircut today, too. She was a little disappointed that she wasn't getting her hair colored - she wanted pink. Sorry, girlie. You'll have to do that on your own dime when you're older.
It took Tess a good 30 minutes to notice my hair. The boys have been home for over an hour and haven't mentioned a thing. We'll see if Lance is a bit more observant. (I suspect he is.)
It's National Grilled Cheese day, so YOU KNOW what the Madsens are munching on for dinner.
It's been a good day.










No comments:
Post a Comment