Monday, December 18, 2017

Tess's First Grade Christmas Program

Tess had her First Grade Christmas Program a couple of weeks ago - something she had been looking forward to for ages!

This was also our family's very last First Grade Christmas Program - something we had been looking forward to for ages! (Okay, that's mean. The programs aren't that bad. But sitting on bleachers in a stuffy gym with kids (our kids) who don't want to be there? Not a great time.)



Tess was so cute! Up front and center.


She sang every word to each song and did actions for each - whether or not there were planned actions!




I've been trying for a while to get some video uploaded, but it just won't let me. Dang it. Well, trust me when I say it was pretty dang cute. Especially the actions to "FIVE GOLDEN RINGS" on the Twelve Days of Christmas. (Think holding hands up like Beyonce in Single Ladies. I loved it.)

After the program Tess was super excited - until she saw some other little girls get flowers. Gosh dang other parents for thinking of that and making me look bad! She was pretty mad she didn't get flowers. See that smile down there? Totally fake. I was threatening her the entire time. I just wanted one good picture with the decorations. She pulled it together for one awkwardly-smiling photo and then scowled and stomped out of the school and all the way to the car. Growl.


While first graders dressed up in Christmas colors and singing Christmas songs is pretty dang cute, this is one holiday tradition I don't think we'll miss too much!

No comments: