Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Was A Week Ago?!?

Okay, I've been in super-busy mode ever since we got back from Thanksgiving on Saturday night. And I feel like I should devote some super-long post about it all, since it was so nice. But if I do that, it will never get done. And that means I would never post again, because I would feel guilty about ignoring Thanksgiving. And then what would my minions do? (That's why I blog - to create an army of minions who will do my every bidding.) ((Oh c'mon - don't act so surprised.))

So here are a few highlights of my Thanksgiving holiday with my Uncle Teryl and Aunt Tammy, who live in beautiful (if arctic) Madision, Wisconsin.
  • I went to The Container Store for the first time. I think I am in love.
  • I actually got to sneak in a couple of naps, which is a very rare treat! (Teryl and Tammy put a heated mattress pad on our bed - heaven!) I literally would have slept through Thanksgiving Dinner if Lance hadn't woken me up!
  • Spencer ate about four bites of Thanksgiving dinner, but Josh made up for this by not only eating his rather large dinner, but also finishing Spencer's leftovers a couple hours later. That boy was born to eat.
  • Doing the majority of my shopping online, as God intended, not out in the bitter cold at 5am!
  • Lance and I doing some afternoon shopping on Black Friday - sans the boys. I went to Steve & Barry's for the first time. I was really excited to see the new Bitten line. (It's great because it's so reasonably priced.) They had jeans on sale for $10, but they were all either too short but otherwise looked good, or long enough but looked weird. I hate shopping for jeans. But I did find a cute pair of navy blue canvas shoes. (Like All Stars - only $10 instead of $35!) Lance was also thrilled to try out the $15 Starbury basketball shoes - he bought two pairs!
  • Lance and I going out to dinner and seeing Beolwulf in 3D on the IMAX screen. The movie was decent, but I enjoyed being without the kids more!
  • The kids were actually really good on the way home. We stopped several times for potty breaks and diaper changes, so there were no accidents. (Always a good thing!) In fact, the only disagreeable thing was the occasional sock/half-chewed walnut/random toy thrown at us from the back by Josh. I think he does it just to remind us who is really in charge.
I always forget to take pictures at Thanksgiving. I don't know why. But here are the few I did manage to get.

Lance trying to get Spencer to fall asleep by playing Super Mario Brothers on his phone. It worked.
Josh working on his second Thanksgiving feast of the day. Mmmm... celery and cream cheese.

Molly, Teryl & Tammy's dog. She has hair and doesn't shed, which made it okay for Spencer to be there. However, allergic people are actually allergic to the dog's saliva. Spencer soon learned to only pet her back, and not to let her lick him! (Poor kid looked like he had been in a fight and lost, with a big swollen and dark eye and his arm in a cast!)

Spencer and Josh 'helping' me pack. They were both glad to head home!

Well, I hope that does some justice to our Thanksgiving holiday. Now back to work, minions.

2 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe YOU have never been to the container store!! I would go there all the time if I could! love it. So glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to being home myself after a week of travelling. Hope we get to see you soon! ashley

Andrea said...

Maren,
I've been to the Container Store a total of three times. After the first time, Tyler just planned on us being there for uh, a very long time. I love it too! It's probably a good thing it is a few hours away. :) Did find anything you couldn't live without??? Sounds like you had an eventful Thanksgiving!