
Today, as you can see, we made orange rolls. Yummmm...
I use Andrea's super fabuloso recipe, only I also add a few chocolate chips. Yummmm...
I had a little helper. And by helper I mean thrower of sugar, roller-arounder in flour, eater of chocolate chips, and poker of dough. But whatever. Tomayto, tomahto.
Unfortunately, despite all of the help he gave Joshie didn't get to eat an orange roll. Our rule is, if you don't get dinner, you don't get dessert. (Not that we have dessert a lot. But when we do, that's the rule.) He refused to eat his dinner. It's not that he didn't understand the concept - I just don't think he believed we'd follow through on our threat.
We did.
So he tried whining. And crying. And tantrum throwing in his tantrum corner.
(In front of the door to the garage.) ((Having a tantrum corner is actually handy; it's out of the way and I always know where he is when he's angry.)) And that was all before the rolls were even done.
When the rolls were ready Joshie followed Spencer up to the bar, completely expecting to get his share. The result? Well, you can see for yourself here. (*Warning* These videos will break your heart. The only way I got through it was staying behind the camera. Otherwise, I totally admit I probably would have caved in. It's a good thing solid-as-a-rock Lance was there to stop me.)

No comments:
Post a Comment