Saturday, December 20, 2008

California Christmas

My family used to live in California, which made it well worth the money and time to go out there for Christmas. Fifty plus degrees on Christmas day? Sounds great!

But a couple of years ago they moved to Utah. And our family expanded. And it became increasingly difficult to get out there, not to mention expensive. (Way expensive.) Plus, why go to Utah? It's cold there, too.

But not as cold as here.

I just looked at the weather for tomorrow. The high will be 12 degrees.

Let me repeat that: the HIGH will be TWELVE degrees. That's Fahrenheit, people, not Celsius.

The high in Provo will be 30 degrees.

I never thought 30 would sound balmy, but now it does.

I'm totally California dreamin', on such a winter's day.

p.s. Why is it always the coldest on Sundays? On the day I have to wear a dress?!? I should get extra blessing bonus points for that, I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

Groshon said...

12 degrees sounds pretty nice right now! Today we are at 3. Yes, 3 degrees! I am excited that it is suppose to snow tomorrow because that means it will at least get a little warmer... it can't even snow when it is this cold! BRRR!
Ah, how nice would California be right now!