Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Long Day

Today was a long day.

First, Cole woke me up at 5:15am. Yeah, I know it's not that unusual for babies, but he's been sleeping in until 6:30ish for a week or two, so this was, quite literally, a rude awakening.

Even ruder, he wouldn't go back to sleep after he ate. I finally got him back to sleep at 6:15. Since my other kiddos usually wake up at 6:30am now (why?!?) I just laid down on the couch and waited for them.

I woke up at 7:30. Oops.

This meant we had to rush a little for the bus. True, our bus doesn't get here until 8:25, but when you have a kindergartner who takes a good 20 minutes to get dressed every minute counts. Which meant we were all pretty cross by the time Spencer got on the bus.

Blah blah blah... you don't want to hear all of the rest of the boring long day details. Just know that it was long.

And then this came in the mail.


My day brightened.

And now it's gonna be a long night.

1 comment:

BrianG said...

I read the first few pages of Pride Prejudice and Zombies the other day. It is such a laugh. I wish I was there to borrow it from you. I don't know if I can justify buying it. Do you think our library will get it? hummm...
-Leila