Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm Still Here

So I'm still here.  Mostly.

The flu really got me.  Fast.  Hard.  Mean.

I started feeling gross right after we put the kids to bed on Saturday night, around 8pm.  By 9:30 I was in bed.  By 10:30 I knew I was in big trouble.  By 12:30am I was wishing for a dehydration-induced coma that would put me into sweet, sweet oblivion.  And then I was up every 45 minutes after that taking care of, ah, one thing or another.

You get the idea.  No need to get into the gritty details.

By the time Josh and Spencer woke up on Sunday morning I was completely and utterly wasted.  Instead of going to Stake Conference, Lance got to play Mr. Mom to three little boys (two of which on complete sugar highs) and I was in bed pretty much all day.  (Although I was rudely awakened by one thing - or boy - or another every two hours or so.)

I hurt all over.  I was dying of thirst.  My throat hurt.  My eyes hurt.  My hair hurt.  I was seriously so weak that I couldn't even pick up Cole.  (Granted, he is a huge monster baby, but still.)  Really and truly, I couldn't.

Anywho, I got a little rest on Sunday, a little more Sunday night, and was still feeling gross on Monday.  But I survived taking care of the kids.  And that's it.  All I could do was feed them, clothe them (kind of), and make sure they didn't kill themselves or each other.

This morning Lance left on yet another business trip.  Because of course I get sick when he has to leave.  But I was feeling a little better.  Still exhausted.  Still nauseous.  But working nauseous - like when I'm pregnant and have morning sickness but it doesn't matter and you just have to Buck It Up because life just goes on.

Oh, and did I mention that Cole has suddenly decided that he is a newborn and needs to wake up twice a night?  And that he started this lovely hobby again on Saturday night?  On top of all the fun I was having I had to wake Lance up (who, I think, is programmed to ignore babies in his sleep) and have him feed Cole.

And now?  Right now the boys are all finally in bed and asleep.  And I'm tired.  And a little dizzy.  And my throat is killing me and I still have a slight fever.  But if I lie down I feel pretty good.  So that's what I'm going to do.

I'm still here.  Just not havin' much fun.

4 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

oh, maren, we hope you are feeling better really soon!!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

That really stinks!! No fun! I hope you feel better soon!!

Amy Collins said...

I have been worried about you since I read that you had the H1N1...so sorry you are feeling terrible! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take Care.

The Glassetts said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I wish I was living close by to help out in any way. Sucks that your hubby had a business trip. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Drink lots of juice and drink (eat) lots of chicken noodle soup.