Since Spencer has his first loose tooth I thought it would be wise to make something to put the tooth in when it finally comes out. (Spencer's up on a high loft bed - the Tooth Fairy might have difficulties being stealthy while trying to look under the pillow for his tooth.)
So off to Hobby Lobby I went. (With Josh and Cole in tow. You'd think I'd learn, but I don't. Little boys + Hobby Lobby = BAD combination. But I digress... and I try to forget about the incident.)
Anywho, this is what I came up with:
It's a Tooth Fairy mailbox! Made from a small paper mailbox, some tole paint, a few stickers, and Modge Podge. (I had never used Modge Podge before. I lurrve it and am itchin' to find myself another project to use it in!) I think it turned out pretty well. Cute, but not over-the-top-girly cute, which is mostly what I found online when looking for ideas.
Now we just wait for that tooth. Spencer's been working on it lately and it's starting to gross me out. I vividly remember the feelings and sensations of having loose teeth; it's not pleasant. But I also remember grossing out my mom with my loose teeth, too, so I guess I kinda have loose tooth karma.

5 comments:
I could sooo use one of these as the tooth fairy has a hard time Climbing Timothy's loft as well! And she may uuummm forget if it is under the pillow way up there. Just saying the fairy missed our house last night....
You put us all to shame, Maren. Susie
That's awesome!
No uncovered thing is safe now that you know the power of decoupage.
btw, it's Mod Podge, not "Modge Podge". Rookie mistake. ;)
I was pretty excited about my little pouches until I saw your mailbox. Show off!
It's adorable! Great idea! I found something that worked for me last time I was at Hobby Lobby. I bribed my kids with a dollar if they obeyed and then they got to pick out anything they wanted from the dollar store right next door. They were really excited to be able to choose anything from the entire store. Just a thought of something that may work!
Post a Comment