My kiddos have looked like shabby little hippies for quite a while; they've really needed haircuts! Tonight was finally the night. Here are a few before and during pictures.
Cole was less than happy about the entire experience. (He wasn't in pain - he just didn't like the cut hair on his face.)
Spencer is a pro about it all. (He's been doing this for six years!)
And Josh is also pretty good about it. He's a bit wiggly, but what do you expect from a four year old? Josh is also extra lucky because instead of a buzz all around, Momma trims his cute little curls on the top of his head. (I just couldn't have them all shorn off - they're too cute!)
Every time we cut the boys' hair they always ask who will cut mommy and daddy's hair. I usually try to explain to them that mommy's hair is too hard for daddy to cut, which is why I go to the salon. This usually just goes in one ear and out the other. This time I told them the truth: that mommy is far too prideful about her hair and there is no way daddy or any other non-professional will ever lay scissors to it. I think they understand now. (Side note: I forgot how fast hair grows when you're pregnant. This is not fun now that I have short hair again. Bah! And no chance to get it cut until next Monday. Now I look like a shaggy hippie.)
Here are a few after pictures. Don't haircuts always make kids look 17 years older?
We ended the evening with Cole chomping on crayons during family prayer and then trying to wipe them out of his mouth with his chubby little hands. Yes, I had my eyes open. Yes, I laughed. Don't care; I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father understands that some things are too cute to miss.



1 comment:
Very handsome. And I join with you - I haven't closed my eyes during the prayer since Lige was 10 months old...though I usually try to get at one eye closed and the other squinted :)
Post a Comment