Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Conversation With A Four-Year-Old Who Just Got Glasses


Me: Why did you have to get glasses?
Josh: I was seeing two of things.  Yeah.  Two plates and stuff.

Me: Do the glasses make you see better?
Josh: No, it’s still just the same thing.  I think.
(Side Note: The optometrist said that it might take up to a month for his double vision to clear up.  Try explaining that to a boy who was expecting instantly perfect vision!  If the vision doesn't get better then we'll have to move on to more serious steps.  Prayers said that we don't have to go there would be appreciated!!!)

Me: Do you like them?
Josh: They’re not helping me.  There’s no things on the side.  But they have green on the side.  Well, now I have glasses on Wii.  And they’re blue.  You’ll have to see what I look like.
(He's talking about his Mii avatar on the Wii.  The first thing the boys did when we got home was run downstairs and put glasses on his Mii!)

Me: Does Mommy wear glasses?
Josh: Yes.  But not on Wii.  You have glasses on your eyes!
(Contacts.)

Me: Are you excited to show yours friends at school your glasses?
Josh: Yes.  Wait – is it today?

Me: No, not for a few weeks.
Josh: Oh.

Me: When are you supposed to take your glasses off?
Josh: I don’t know.  Until I’m going to go to bed.

Me: Do you wear them in the shower?
Josh: NO!  Hahaha!

Me: Do you wear them when you go swimming?
Josh: No!  Only my sunglasses!  Where are my sunglasses anyways?

Me: I don't know.  Who else wears glasses?
Josh: You.  Grandma Susie.  And Grandpa ElRay.  And me!  But not Tess.  And not Spencer and Cole.  And Daddy doesn't wear glasses because he plays on computer.

Me: Do you have a special case for the glasses?
Josh: Yep.  I can press the button and open it.  Where is my case?

Me: What do you do with the case?
Josh: Put my glasses in them so Cole can’t destroy them.

Me: Anything else you want to say?
Josh: Umm... can I have a snack?

Me: You are eating lunch.  Right now.  No, you may not have a snack.
Josh: AWWWWW!!! But I have glasses!

No comments: