Monday, April 16, 2012
Hooks and Letters
Do your kids hang up their bath towels? Mine never did and it drove me nuts. Then one day I realized that the main problem was that they were too little to properly hang the towel on the towel bar.
So I waited for a good sale at Menards, bought a bunch of towel hooks, and then had Mr. Lance install them. Viola! Now the kids hang up their towels every day with no problem!
That's a lie.
I still have to often remind them. But now they have no excuse to not do it.
Later, I discovered a new problem - fights over whose towel was whose. More specifically, Josh fighting with Cole over every towel, whether it was his or not.
Some $.99 wooden letters from Hobby Lobby, a bit of leftover paint, and a few 3M strips and that problem is solved as well.
However, Saturday night I discovered a new problem: Cole kept trying to sound out the letters J-C-T to form a word. (He does it with simple words now. It's kind of freakishly cool to hear a 2 year old do that!). He sat there and kept repeating "Juh. Kuh. Tuh." over and over again, trying to figure out what word it spelled. I tried explaining that J is for Josh, C is for Cole, and T is for Tess, but to no avail. He wouldn't believe me.
Well. Mommas can't be expected to solve all problems!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment