Friday, August 31, 2012

Down Time

So Lance talked me into doing the 60 day Insanity Workout. 

Because he obviously hates me.

Okay, that's not true.  But I hate Shaun T., the workout guy in the videos.  Oh, how I hate him.  But I'm gonna keep doing it because Lance is really good at peer pressure.  And I know I should work out more. 

Anywho, I overdid it a bit yesterday.  The evening before we had a rough workout and I was pretty sore.  We were only on day 4 and I wanted to die. 

But I didn't die.  Instead, I mowed the lawn because we're supposed to get a boatload of rain this weekend and the lawn really needed mowing.  It was super hot and humid and I wanted to die.

But I didn't die.  Instead, I later took Tess and Cole on a nice, long walk because they had major cabin fever.  It was still super hot and humid and I did almost die.

Not really.  But it pretty much wiped me out.  By 4:30pm the kids were fighting, the chicken in the crockpot wasn't even close to being done, and the mashed potatoes I had made tasted kinda burned but were not burned, a mystery I still haven't solved.

So I gave up.

I tossed all of the children out to the back lawn, turned on the sprinkler, and saw on the grass and took pictures for an hour.

By the time we were done I was a bit rejuvenated, the chicken was done, the potatoes no longer tasted burned (I know!  The mystery!), and life was a bit better.  I was even able to work out that night.

So here, for your viewing pleasure, are a bunch of the pictures I took that afternoon.  It wasn't until later that I realized the lens on the camera was dirty, hence the slight halo effect on some of the shots.  I'm so observant.

As you can see, Tess got into the sprinklers and then headed straight for the sandbox.  That girl sure loves to eat sand.  Erlack.




A little topsy turvey...

Cole had a hard time keeping his pants up.  I told him if he wore underpants and went peepee on the potty he wouldn't have this problem.  He yelled "NO!" at me, hitched up his pants several times, and ran away.



Like our white trash cinder block stairs? Some day we'll have real ones.  But I also want some sort of patio or cement pad put in, but I don't know when that will be.  So I don't know if I should go ahead and get some decent stairs now, or wait until we get a patio.



I love her hair. :)





A kid with a bucket on his head is always funny.




Poor Spencer.  He didn't get as many pictures because he didn't have cute pigtails or a bucket on his head.


Filling buckets to make a water slide.






Did I mention that I had mowed the lawn that morning?  Most of the clippings ended up on Tess.


Waterslide!


Jedi Tess.



Talking to the neighbor.


Mid-scoot.







Daddy came home.  Daddy always picks Tess up when he comes home.  But this time he didn't.  THE TRAGEDY!!!


Okay, he kinda picked her up.  Tess did not approve.


As with most of our activities, this one ended in tears.  Poor Spencer.

No comments: