Not a lot of blogging around here lately because December is a crazy month, what with all the activities and parties and editing of papers about ducks infected with a flu virus and trying to keep up with Cole and all of his shenanigans and whatnot.
So tonight was driving home and I saw one of those signs they have in front of churches. You know, the ones that always have clever sayings on them? And random side note - I don't know what kind of church this is. I mean, I know it's Christian, but I can't tell out what denomination. (Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran, etc.) I even went to their website and still can't figure it out, which is kind of a bad sign for a church, right? We'll just call it a nondenominational church.
Anyways, the sign tonight said "Sign broken. Come inside for more inspiration." Which I thought was funny. Hah! But hey - maybe if I went inside I could tell what they believe in, because I certainly couldn't from the website.
And then I wondered for half a second about why Mormon churches don't have signs like that, and then decided it would just be a bad idea because heaven only knows what kind of problems that could cause. And then I tried to come up with some funny Mormon signs but couldn't think of anything because my brain was still kinda mushy from editing a paper about ducks with the flu. (You think I'm joking. I'm not. Someone actually wrote a paper about it. And then paid me to edit it.)
And then randomly I wondered what it would be like if we all had signs like that in our front yards. What would we put up there? And then I had an "ah-ha" moment and realized that most of us already do have something like that - it's called Facebook.
And then I really got to thinking about whether or not what we would put on those signs in front of our houses would be any different from what we put on Facebook. Because really, if you think about it, aren't they basically the same thing? In fact, more people probably see what you post on Facebook than if you just had a sign in front of your house.
But I'll admit that what I would put on my sign and what I post on my Facebook would probably be fairly different.
Anywho, no real point to all of this. Just something to think about.
Now, off to edit another paper. Oh joy - this one's about South Korea's economy after WWII.
I kinda miss the ducks.
No comments:
Post a Comment