![]() |
I just received a phone call from Josh's bus driver. Apparently, my precious little kindergartener was caught spelling cuss words on the bus this morning.
Oh, the joys of parenting.
The bus driver was really nice about the whole thing, and was just as surprised at Josh's behavior as I was. Still, he has to be written up for it, which I'm assuming means I'll have to sign some sort of paper and the school will learn about this. (I really don't know - I've never been through this before!)
I knew that at some point we would have to deal with swearing. Like it or not (and I don't) it's a very prevalent part of school. I just really didn't expect to have to deal with a six year old cussing on the bus. Sheesh.
Maren Fun Fact: It was a very well-known fact among my circle of (non-LDS) friends in high school that I didn't swear. They also knew that I didn't like them swearing. Sometimes this stopped them, sometimes it didn't. They didn't really harass me about it or give me a hard time, but it was brought up often enough that I knew they noticed and thought about it. I don't feel all holier-than-thou when it comes to swearing; I just subscribe to the Dowager Countess of Grantham's line of thinking. (See above.)
Well, Josh might not be in severe trouble at school, but the same cannot be said for at home. Since this is something I simply will not tolerate in my children, poor Josh will have to take a harsher punishment than usual so that the others will learn from his mistake. (And by others my mean Spencer, since Cole and Tess are too young to understand what's going on.)
Now I'm off to search for good FHE lessons about swearing and draw up the list of jobs Josh will have to start working on when he gets home. He'll probably want to swear again when he sees it.

1 comment:
I feel like Leah gets in the same kind of trouble as Josh....maybe it's a second child thing?....so from now on I will warn you before hand that it will be coming. Sorry, I forgot to warn you that Leah got written up on the bus as well a couple of weeks ago.
I also got an email sent to me yesterday from her teacher saying that a teacher caught Leah running in the hallway 3 times in the space of 2 hours. So look for that email within the next couple of weeks from Josh's teacher.
Post a Comment