Today I felt a little crafty. Not crafty devious - crafty creative. (I get enough crafty devious from my kids.) I had been thinking about a sign I found on Pinterest that I wanted to make for Valentine's Day.
Isn't it cute? But I had neither the time nor the felt to make it.
Not to be deterred, I instead decided to make an easy and cute Valentine's Day sign. I started with this random broken clock I got at Goodwill a while ago for $2. I didn't buy it to be a clock, in case you were wondering. (My Big Ben decorating scheme days are long gone.) (Please don't think I had a Big Ben decorating scheme.) I just really liked the frame.
Then I poked around online and found a Valentine's Day printable that I liked. (I was too lazy to make one.) I had to tweak the size of the image to fit my frame, in case you were wondering. Since I didn't have any paper that was 10x10" I decided to print it as 8x8. I covered Big Ben with some brown wrapping paper and put it all in the frame. Because of where I wanted to hang it I had to use ribbon to hang it. Fortunately, I had some pretty red satin ribbon in my bits-o-ribbon drawer.
What do you think? I think it turned out pretty cute.
I hung it on the coat closet by our front entrance. Nary a man/boy in the house has commented on it, as was expected, but Tess has pointed at it and gibbered a bit, so I'll take that as a compliment.
But then I found this printable and wanted to use it in a frame I have on my bookshelf, so I decided to get less lazy a make a few printables to go with it. So I did.
Not so bad, right? They get the job done. (The job being helping me to feel like I was crafty enough for one day.)



No comments:
Post a Comment