Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pointless Housework

I spent a better part of the morning cleaning the house.  Vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing the kitchen, etc. Clean!

I stepped out of the shower to discover Tess covered in dirt.  She can apparently now reach the potted plant I keep up high in my bedroom window.

The floor was covered in dirt.  The window seat was covered in dirt.  The window was covered in slimy, dirty Tess hand and nose prints.  Tess tracked dirt from the window the to the bathroom.  And her clothes, which I had put on her not 15 minutes before, were covered in dirt.  She spit dirt out of her mouth onto the towel I had wrapped around myself.

Okay, see, this is why I find housework so frustratingly pointless.  Because despite your best efforts, at any given moment, when your guard is down oh-so-slightly, some child is going to swoop in and destroy all of your hard work.

*sigh*

No comments: