This year we did two 2 week sessions of swimming lessons. Four weeks of swimming lessons doesn't sound that long, but it really is, especially when the lessons are a good 15-20 minutes away from home. (But they were exactly half the price of what we would pay for swimming lessons at the high school that is only 5 minutes away. With four kids in lessons, that cost difference more than makes up for gas and time!)
Having the kids do two sessions was a good idea; they really improved and are much more confident in the water. Hopefully we can do it again next year and that the weather cooperates for the rest of the summer and we can swim more. Right now the weather has been really mild - low 80', mid-70's - so it's just a bit too cold for my 0% body fat children to be in the water at our neighborhood pool! (The pool for lessons is heated.)
Today was the last day of swimming lessons, and the last day is party day, meaning that the kids can just have fun. Unfortunately, I forgot my real camera, so I had to use my phone. It takes decent pictures, but just not quite as good. Oh well.
Miss Tess, as you can see, was ready to party!
She was too busy playing, so I couldn't get a good shot of her in the pool.
Mr. Cole LOVES swimming. Despite the look on his face here.
What he didn't like? Having to wait an extra 15 minutes for Spencer and Josh because their lessons were a bit longer. Seriously, what a pill! By the end of the wait I was ready to toss him back into the pool! (Which he would have loved.)
Don't let the smile fool you. We had a huge fight today because after lessons I needed them to get changed so we could stop by the optometrist to pick up my new glasses. He FREAKED OUT about going into the women's locker room, even though that's where he has gone no less than 8 or so times in the past month. Sorry, Cole, but five is just too young to go into the men's locker room by yourself. Sheesh.
Fortunately, he had gotten some candy from his teachers and had made the mistake of handing it to me after his lesson. As long as I held his candy hostage, he had to change where I told him to!
Poor Josh - that's the only picture I got of him. He wouldn't get out of the pool and kept going under and ignoring me. But here is proof that he was actually there!
Spencer had a GRAND time jumping off of the diving board. I got lots of action shots that he very proud of. I am, too, since this is the first year he's really been comfortable enough to actually jump off the board rather than just kinda fall. :)
Hooray for swimming lessons! And hooray that they're over! (Now I'll have my mornings back!)

.jpg)






.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment