Until today.
Today Tess pooped in the potty and it became very obvious that she knew what she needed to do.
She happily enjoyed the mini packet of M&Ms I used to bribe her. Little did she know that I am now on to her!
I am under no delusions that life poop-wise will be hunky-dory now. But there's now a light at the end of the tunnel. It's just a matter of convincing this SUPER stubborn child that pooping in the potty is waaay better than having accidents. (It seems she disagrees about that, for some weird, gross, stubborn reason.)
I've thought about this a lot. Is it that we have children genetically disposed to being very hard to potty train? Or is it just that Lance and I are really bad at it? I like to think it's a bit of both. (Mainly because thinking it's all my fault makes me very, very depressed.)

No comments:
Post a Comment