Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fried Food Frenzy: The Sequel

So we continued our fried food feast tonight.  On the menu:

Fried green beans.


True story: I was cutting the green beans and totally planning on just steaming them.  Then I thought "Wait a minute!  Why in the world would I steam them when I can FRY them?!?!"  It was a delicious decision.

We also had chicken tenders. Mercy, these were good!


Because I refuse to buy pre-cut chicken tenders at the store I just cut up some breasts at home, which is why some of my tenders look more like popcorn chicken.  Tess ate a TON of chicken.  Cole refused to eat any.


Finally, we had spaghetti squash, which was also delicious.  If I had come up with a way to easily fry it I probably would have.  But it's probably just as well; I kinda felt like we needed some sort of healthy dish!


Might I suggest that if you ever want to invite yourself over for dinner (and I totally have friends that would do that and that's just one of the things I love about them) you should request to come the week after the doughnut party. If your arteries can handle it...

No comments: