Every year after the doughnut party we take advantage of the leftover oil and have a bunch of fried food for dinner for the week after.
Tonight we had two things I had been wanting to try for a while: homemade corn dogs and homemade onion strings.
Oh. My. Gosh.
So good.
As I sit here at Sheri's house while the boys have piano lessons I feel just a little bit sick from all the greasy goodness that my body isn't used to. It's like I have an angel and devil on each shoulder.
One is telling me that fries food is NOT good for me and that we really shouldn't have fried food week anymore. Fried food is what's making my tummy hurt right now.
The other is telling me that it's just once a year and that I can undo some of the damage in my workout tomorrow. How can something that tastes so good be so bad?
I'll let you decide which is the devil's suggestion and which is the angel's.
I'll also let you decide whether or not our fried food week tradition will continue. What's your vote?
Just kidding. Of course it's going to continue. Life's too short to listen to little devils on your shoulder. (Or blog readers...) :)
Besides, there are scones to be made. And those are always a good decison.
P.S. I'm posting this on my phone and can't figure out how to place the photos where I want them. Dang. The angel's telling me that it's okay. (The devil says you're all judging me. Harshly. Stupid devil.)
1 comment:
Let the tradition live on. Besides you only live once and you need to enjoy the yummy goodness. I am just hoping you have put fried pickles on your menu. Sooo yummy.
Post a Comment