Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lunch Date

Yesterday Josh and I went to the baptism of one of his friends. Afterwards I told Josh he could anywhere to go for lunch. His choice? The ever chic, ever crowded on Saturday mornings IHOP.

I'm not sure why, but Josh is slightly obsessed with the place. We never even go there, so maybe that's part of it. (I think he went once several years ago after a father/son camp out.)

We waited for a good 20 minutes for a table. I let Josh play on my phone and the boy was in heaven. When we got to our table he was delighted when I told him he could order anything he wanted from the menu. (This was an easy thing to do since I knew he'd order pancakes.)

He chose chocolate chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream on top. He put every kind of syrup on them, and plenty of it.  He didn't finish them all, but he came close!

He was so cute and sweet the whole time, and he thanked me at least three times. I love having little dates like this with my kids! (Even if they aren't quite the foodies I wish them to be!)

No comments: