Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year's 2016

This year we had 3 other families over to help ring in the new year. We ate snacks and played games and had a fun time! As per usual, too much fun to take enough pictures. Dang.

Here's the decorations I made with my trusty Cricut. (The sign and banners were all glittery and prettier than the picture shows.)


I made at least 60 pigs in a blanket and all were gone within the first hour. Even more impressive wast that both full baking sheets fit in my fridge with room to spare!


I snapped a few lovely shots of the evening - like this one of Lance.


And this blurry one of Yi-Chou and Gigi.


Craig was nice and patient enough to play Jenga with Cole. Cole LOVED it.


We had our countdown around 10pm. I bought a bunch of poppers for all the kids, which were a fun hit. (This little girl was so tired by then but refused to admit it!)



The next day I was finally able to get a few pictures of Tess in front of the Christmas tree. (I wasn't able to the week before since she was sick.)


Tess declared this to be her New Year's dress since it was shiny and pretty!



I decided to break out the fondue pot to help celebrate the first day of the new year.


The cheese was super yummy!


But the chocolate was more well received with the 10 and under set.


This boy LOVED it. He was also by far the most messy.



Even Josh approved of this dinner! (And that's saying something!)



There was a mysterious little trail of chocolate between the fondue pot and Cole.


Lance and I both agree that 2016 just flew by, but was a pretty great year by all accounts. Time to bring on another great year!

No comments: