Thursday, November 20, 2008

Questions and Answers

Over the past few days I have, understandably, answered lots of questions people have for me. Not that I mind - nothing helps morning-noon-and-night sickness like being the center of attention for a little while.

So I thought, in the interest of posterity, and to answer all those burning questions you might not have even thought of but now must know the answers to, I would have a little bloggy question and answer session. Most of these questions have actually been asked; some haven't. You'll just have decide which is which.

Q: So wait, you're pregnant? Why didn't you announce it on your blog?
A: Um, yeah. I thought it was pretty apparent in this post. Okay, so I didn't just come out and say it, but I thought it was implied. And kinda clever... oh never mind.

Q: So when are you due?
A: My as-of-now, mystical due date is June 13th. But I'll probably have the baby in the first week of June.

Q: Why?
A: Because I have to have a scheduled c-section, and they usually do those about 5-7 days before the due date.

Q: Why the c-section? Do you think you're a movie star or something?
A: Because I've already had two unplanned c-sections already, and the risk for hemorrhaging during a VBAC is too high. If I could, I would totally do a VBAC. (Recovery for c-sections just stinks.) But I can't, so I've made my peace with it and am now kinda happy I can just choose a day. It makes for much easier planning!

Q: Um, are you sure you're only 10 weeks along?
A: Okay, rude. I know, my belly is already poppin' out somewhat fierce. But you carry to term a moose-of-a-baby like Josh and see how well your skin and muscles recover. Ain't no amount of sit ups that are gonna fix that belly, sister.

Q: Have you been sick?
A: Yes. Oh yes. But not nearly as on-the-floor-wishing-for-a-quick-death sick as I was with Spencer and Josh. More of a lying-on-the-couch-wishing-I-could-sleep-through-the-first-20-weeks sick. In fact, I have yet to throw up once; an accomplishment I am unreasonably proud of. I am sickest in the mornings and evenings, which means poor Lance only sees me sick.

Q: Oh yeah! How's Lance with that new-fangled certification of his?
A: He's doin' great. He gets to wear a crown and carry a USB scepter around work, and everyone has to bow and curtsy as he walks by, shouting his praises. It's pretty awesome.

Q: Do you think it's a boy or a girl?
A: I kinda think it's a girl, just because I haven't been as sick. But this means nothing, because I was absolutely sure Josh was a girl, and look how that turned out.

Q: Are you going to find out the sex?
A: How little you know me. Of course I am. It's a surprise either way; finding out with the ultrasound just means you're surprised a little earlier.

Q: Do you have names picked out?
A: Yes.

Q: Um, are you going to tell me what they are?
A: No.

Q: Why not?!
A: Because since we're going to know the birth date and the sex, we might as well have some sort of surprise. And because we're mean like that.

Q: Oh c'mon. You can tell me! I won't tell anyone, I promise.
A: No.

Q: Please?
A: No way.

Q: Please? Please? PLEASE?!
A: Now I'm not going to tell you even after the baby is born. Go away, you're bugging me.

Q: Are you always this grouchy when you're pregnant.
A: Yes. Just ask Lance.

3 comments:

Janene said...

Maren, you're awesome. Thanks for all the answers. And congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Maren, your blog has made my day and made me laugh after a morning of grouchy kids and tantrums (mostly them). :-) And on behalf of all of us in Lafayette who don't have snow blowers, thanks for buying one and ensuring a snow-free winter for everyone!

Maren said...

Laura - Glad to be of service. :)