Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Self-Portrait Tuesday: Week 27 and a Few Random Thoughts


Still chuggin' along with this baby.

Yesterday at my doctor's appointment the baby kept kicking the microphone out of place while the doctor tried to listen to his heartbeat.

Auspicious...

(We already have a kid with a freakishly good throwing arm. Do we really need a kicker as well?)

Today I restocked the perishable items from our 72 hour kits. I do this every March, and the kids just love it. I stick all the old stuff in a giant green bowl, where it sits on the counter until the boys and Lance have munched it all away. (This includes things like juice boxes, fruit snacks, granola bars, hard candy, beef jerky, etc.) I let them go to town just to get rid of it all. For lunch today the boys chose Pop Tarts and Top Ramen. Bleeeccchhhh... oh, I mean, good choice, kiddos! Yummy!


I caught Joshie skulking around the bowl tonight after dinner. (Okay, so I don't just let them eat whatever whenever - they still have to eat their real meals.) He was upset that I foiled his plans in stealing a few more pieces of candy.

Random question: why do people look at my kids and then laugh at me when I tell them I'm having another boy? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

The Holdaway's said...

So I just learned that a friend I had in high school just had her 5th baby...and she wasn't one of them that had a baby before we graduated. But the funny thing I think is that they are all boys. That takes one strong person. And just think of when you move - they can be the moving crew!