I had an epiphany this morning: I can bend again!
Huzzah!
Okay, that may not seem like a big deal. But I haven't been able to really bend for quite a while. The last few months of my pregnancy I had a ginormous belly in the way. If there was something on the floor then it stayed there - for days - unless I really needed it. Seriously, by the end it wasn't just that it was uncomfortable or I didn't like the fact that I couldn't breathe when I bent over - bending was just no longer an option.
I got really good at picking things up with my feet, by the way. It was really quite impressive. (Moms, you know what I'm talkin' about.)
After Cole came I couldn't bend because it just hurt too much. Luckily, I was in the habit of not bending, so accidental bends didn't happen too often.
I am no longer pregnant and no longer sore. I find myself still ignoring things on the floor or doing the foot-pick-up. Like I said, not bending had become a habit.
But this morning I dropped Cole's pacifier on the floor. At first I was frustrated. But then the thought came: Maren, just pick it up.
And I did.
And I could breathe. And it didn't hurt.
Oh happy day!
Post Script: so now my floors are all picked up and I never ask the boys to reach down for things for me, right? Wrong. Heck, my entire house is a Duplo block minefield right now. See, the point is that I can bend over, not that I want to.
Huzzah!
Okay, that may not seem like a big deal. But I haven't been able to really bend for quite a while. The last few months of my pregnancy I had a ginormous belly in the way. If there was something on the floor then it stayed there - for days - unless I really needed it. Seriously, by the end it wasn't just that it was uncomfortable or I didn't like the fact that I couldn't breathe when I bent over - bending was just no longer an option.
I got really good at picking things up with my feet, by the way. It was really quite impressive. (Moms, you know what I'm talkin' about.)
After Cole came I couldn't bend because it just hurt too much. Luckily, I was in the habit of not bending, so accidental bends didn't happen too often.
I am no longer pregnant and no longer sore. I find myself still ignoring things on the floor or doing the foot-pick-up. Like I said, not bending had become a habit.
But this morning I dropped Cole's pacifier on the floor. At first I was frustrated. But then the thought came: Maren, just pick it up.
And I did.
And I could breathe. And it didn't hurt.
Oh happy day!
Post Script: so now my floors are all picked up and I never ask the boys to reach down for things for me, right? Wrong. Heck, my entire house is a Duplo block minefield right now. See, the point is that I can bend over, not that I want to.
2 comments:
My first thought was to click on the "like" button. It's a great feeling to be able to do things again. Not that you have to, but you can.
Leila says-
I too can now bend - not tons cause my back still hurts from the epidural - but WAY better.
Story:
We had been harping on the kids for the last month of pregnancy that Mommy couldn't bend over because of her big belly so they needed to help. The other day after unloading and loading the dishwasher (I love having one btw) and wiping the counters I asked Emily to pick up three things off the kitchen floor (my bending allowance was used up). What did that sweet girl say? "Why should I? You don't have a big belly anymore," in a snotty voice. She just about died then and there. The things were picked up and multiple talking to's happened. I can't believe what these cute babies grow up into. Augh! Maybe they grow back out of it.
Good to hear you are feeling better.
Post a Comment