Today is Lance's birthday. I usually try to make a big deal out of birthdays, but I just didn't have it in me today. (I'm pretty sure Lance understands.) But I didn't completely forget or ignore Lance's 31st.
First, I made a birthday sign for him:

I know - you're so impressed. I think the boys were more excited about it than Lance was, but that's okay.
Second, since I knew I'd be in no mood to make a cake I ordered a surprise ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen. (The wonderful Gigi picked it up for me and delivered it to our house, since I still can't drive. Thank you, Gigi!)

It's a raspberry chocolate truffle cake - yum. (Although who chose Smurf blue for the writing? Weird.)
Third, we did have one small gift. Why only one? Lance decided to spend all of his birthday and Father's Day money on a new computer a couple of months ago. But what's a birthday without at least one gift?

The boys and I bought him a gift book for Mike's Express Car Wash. (No more excuses for a dirty car, hon!) In fact, that was the real reason I was at Mike's Express on that fateful day not too long ago... (See? It was all really Lance's fault!)
And unlike years past, I actually remembered to take a picture of Lance on his birthday.

Happy 31st birthday, Lance! We love you!
First, I made a birthday sign for him:
I know - you're so impressed. I think the boys were more excited about it than Lance was, but that's okay.
Second, since I knew I'd be in no mood to make a cake I ordered a surprise ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen. (The wonderful Gigi picked it up for me and delivered it to our house, since I still can't drive. Thank you, Gigi!)
It's a raspberry chocolate truffle cake - yum. (Although who chose Smurf blue for the writing? Weird.)
Third, we did have one small gift. Why only one? Lance decided to spend all of his birthday and Father's Day money on a new computer a couple of months ago. But what's a birthday without at least one gift?
The boys and I bought him a gift book for Mike's Express Car Wash. (No more excuses for a dirty car, hon!) In fact, that was the real reason I was at Mike's Express on that fateful day not too long ago... (See? It was all really Lance's fault!)
And unlike years past, I actually remembered to take a picture of Lance on his birthday.
Happy 31st birthday, Lance! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment