Friday, November 13, 2009

Ladies Man

Tonight was movie night at Spencer's school.  It's a fundraiser where the kids can pay $5 to watch a movie in the gym.  You can just drop your kiddos off if you want, but I volunteered to help chaperone.  (And by chaperone I mean try to keep the mayhem to a minimum.)

Spencer was sooooo excited.  He proudly paid his way into the movie.  He made sure he got to set up his sleeping bag and pillow next to his good friend Olivia.  And he was on cloud 9 when I gave him $2 for goodies.  I told him he could either spend all the money or he could just spend some of it and keep the rest for himself.  Without hesitation he said, "I'm just gonna spend it all."  Shocker.

I sat in the back since I had brought a camping chair to sit in.  (I didn't want to block anyone's view, and I'm just not willing to sit on a gym floor for 90 minutes.  I'm gettin' old.)  Even though the lights were down I had a great view of Spencer.

What did I see?

Spencer is a ladies man. 

From the first moment he got there several little girls ran up to him, with cries of "It's Spencer!  Hi Spencer!  Sit by me, Spencer!".  The whole evening he was surrounded by cute little girls.  He would often move over to sit with another little boy, but the girls would just move and surround him again.  He would talk with them and play, make jokes and be goofy, but he would also shush them so he could watch the movie and roll his eyes as if to say "Quiet, you silly girls!"

It was hysterical. 

I think Spencer is just friendly, cute, and goofy enough to not be intimidating to girls.  These traits will serve him very well as he gets older, especially in high school and college.

It certainly helped his father.  :)

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

oh my that is so cute. chaperoning is a great word to cover for what you were actually doing -- being allowed to watch in on your kid in action! i would so jump on the chance to watch eden in action some day with other kids when she's not really paying attention to me. guess there is "chaperoning" in my future :). keep up the nice work, spencer!