Well. I have been wracking and wracking my brain for a contest worthy of 1,000 yen. But my brain isn't cooperating lately. Perhaps it's all this snow. Or being cooped up inside with three little wild things. Or the fact that each pregnancy seems to slurp up more and more of my critical thinking brain cells and refuses to give them back. Something.
Anywho, I finally decided that having some sort of simile contest would be fun. You know, in of honor of my blog name, "Like Karen with an M". Have you send in your funnest simile that describes my blog, the one I like best wins, something like that. (Example: It's like monkies typing Hamlet. Or... As fun as slipping on yellow snow!)
But Lance made fun of that idea.
I think his words were along the lines of "That's lame." To which I responded with a sharp-witted-third-grade "You're lame!"
And I don't generally give in to peer pressure. But I do give in to Lance pressure. (Sometimes.)
So, instead of a simile, in order to enter this giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment with an adective that describes my blog. The more random, creative, unusual, the better. Not that you'll be graded on it; I'll be using a random number generator to choose the winner. But some of the best will be mentioned in the 1,000th post, and that will lead to fame, glory, and a multi-million dollar movie deal.*
I know, it seems like I took the easy way out with this prize. Because I did.
But seriously, I lurve Amazon. Luuuuurrrvvveee it. You can get just about anything in the world from Amazon. And now that I share an Amazon Prime account with my family (which I highly recommend doing), I never pay for shipping. Awesome. Plus, I am loving their MP3 downloads; way better than the oh-so-restrictive iTunes.
But I digress.
Win the eGift card and you can download some music. Or a movie. Or buy a book. Or a Valentine's Day gift for your sweetie. Or one of these. Or these. Or even this! The possibilities are endless!
So, let's review:
- To enter the contest leave a comment with a fun adjective that describes my blog.
- You can leave up to five separate comments.
- The contest ends on Thursday the 14th at 6pm EST.
*Okay, so that probably won't happen. But it could. You never know...
32 comments:
Rad
Nutty
Spendid
charming
clever
Fantabulous
Top drawer (although this is a noun and not an adjective)
gelastic
droll
witty
authentic
smokin'
narly :)
hysterical
true-to-life
mind-numbing (in a good way--like an epidural after hours of hard labor, reading your blog "takes the edge off" after a hard day of mothering)
See, it's a simile and an adjective in one. And Lance said that was lame! :-)
lame---because you're not doing the simile contest.
His musical taste was very refined, like someone who can tell butter from "I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter".
awe-inspiring
impressive
kaleidoscopic
slinnest
That's my word verification for this comment and I think it qualifies.
stalkworthy
addictive
realistic
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
adorable
splendid (not to be confused with the artificial sweetener)
delightful
opps, I just realized that splendid was already used by Ginger...sorry, but it really is splendid!
exuberant
phenomenal
zany!!!
Post a Comment