Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Top Ten Excuses

I've been a little bit of a slacker when it comes to blogging lately.  And I'm afraid it's probably gonna get worse.  Here are my top ten excuses reasons why:

1.  It's summer.  There are a lot of fudgesicles to eat - and to clean up.


2.  Cole has turned into Mr. Must Destroy.  Seriously, he gets into more stuff than either of his brothers ever did.  He can unroll a full roll of toilet paper in 9.3 seconds flat.

3.  Spencer has turned into a grouchy 15 year old.  Smart-mouthing, whining, attitude, rolling of the eyes... yes, he's so much fun to be around.  So there are a lot of time outs and other punishments, like having to pick up toys (*gasp*), to enforce.

4.  It's u-pick season, which means we'll be spending a lot of time outside picking yummy fruit.  Like the 19 pounds of strawberries we picked this morning.



5.  Kids tend to get horrendously messy after picking fruit, eating the fruit, and rolling around in the mud that the fruit is growing out of.  Messes like that take a while to clean up.

6.  This fruit must also be cleaned and either frozen or turned into jam.  Yummy, but time consuming.


7.  Have you noticed a theme here?  There's a lot of cleaning going on.  Not really so interesting to blog about.  I mean, do you really want to read about how many times I had to sweep the kitchen floor today? (Three)  I didn't think so.

8.  We've been doing a bit of home maintenance lately.  Like painting our door and shutters blue.  They now (unintentionally) match our Camry and a nice flower pot I have out front.  Sweet.  Okay, it also must be said that Lance has done all of the painting.  But I've been doing lots of stuff inside, like protecting the painting zones from crazy-curious babies.


9.  We've been hard at work teaching our kids really important stuff.  Like how to give proper high fives.  This is an important life skill, people.


10.  We've started a really big, really scary, really exciting project which promises to take up a lot of my time for the next few months.  It's still very preliminary so I don't really want to go into details, but I promise to fill you in on it when I feel the time is right.  (Dear Rumor Mongers and Grandparents: I am not pregnant.  Sorry to get your hopes up.  That is all.) 

3 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I love the new door - it's very bright and cheerful - and very you!

Ginger said...

here's my guess....you're going to buy a new house.

The Holdaway's said...

Nice color for the door and I agree with Ginger that you are selling your house and buying a bigger one. Have fun!