Take a look at Josh's t-shirt.
Yes. Yes that is a boxing dinosaur t-shirt. That's all kinds of awesomeness, my friends.
Last week we were at the store and he found this shirt and fell in love. And who can blame him? He certainly didn't need another shirt - he has a ton passed down from Spencer. But as he put it, "I don't want just Spencer shirts! I want a Joshie shirt!" How can a mom argue with that reasoning?
But today when I put it out for him to wear? No way. He would have nothing to do with it. No amount of reasoning or questioning could get him to change his mind.
Me: Why won't you wear the shirt, Joshie?
Josh: No.
Me: Don't you like it anymore?
Josh: No.
Me: But why not? You chose it. This is the one you wanted!
Josh: No.
Me: So... why won't you wear the shirt?
Josh: No.
Me: Please?
Josh: NO.
Me: Put the shirt on, Josh. NOW.
Josh (throwing the shirt and running away): NO!!
I was baffled. He had no good reason for this. Other than "No".
In fact, he decided he not only didn't want wear the shirt, but he also didn't even want it in the house - he was going to throw it away.
Not so fast, Paco. I told him that if he threw it away, then I was going to take $3.50 out of the $5 of birthday money he had. Then he would only have $1.50 left and that would only buy him one ride on the Big Bounce at the school's chili dinner next week.
This gave him pause.
This was cold, hard cash. This was now serious.
He put the shirt on.
Five minutes later he was playing "Boxing Dinosaurs" with Spencer, just as happy as could be.
Oh Josh.
This shirt is the very definition of your personality. You are my little boxing dinosaur. You're loud, you growl a lot (both figuratively and literally), you're always ready for a fight, and you're pretty cute. But in the end, your little boxing arms are pretty useless against my Mommy Powers.
At least for now. (Heaven help us all!)
No comments:
Post a Comment