Monday, September 27, 2010

Life in Suburbia

This afternoon I had a rare hour of non-nausea.  I decided to make dinner, which has become something of a luxury lately.  Poor Lance doesn't ever know if he's coming home to a hot meal or to a sick wife who can barely sit up.

Anywho, as I worked on dinner I looked around me and noticed the following:
  • Five kid bikes and helmets strewn across our front lawn
  • Around eight kids running around like wild banshees in the back yards and having a great time
  • Cole taking the plastic bowls out of the cupboard.  Again.
  • The distinct smell of autumn in the air, with someone burning leaves a mile or so away
  • The lovely cool breeze coming through the house
  • The sound of a lawn mower in the distance
It was idyllic and happy and calm.  I felt blessed and humbled at the blessings I've been given.

All of a sudden, as I stood there enjoying my nice suburban scene, Josh streaked through house, singing at the top of his lungs Everybody Dance Now. Then he ran out side, in his socks (no shoes of course), and started chasing Spencer with his light saber, who started shrieking at the top of his lungs.

And reality set back in...

No comments: