Sunday, November 13, 2011
Primary Program With Special Guest Star: Darth Vader
Today was the ward's Primary Program. It was awesome mainly because I didn't have to do anything for it. (No, it was awesome all on it's own. But also because I had nothing to do with it.)
It was also awesome because Lance was sick today. Wait, it wasn't awesome that Lance was sick. But it was awesome that he chose today to be sick because it meant Spencer and Josh were in front of the congregation for most of the time.
But the most awesome part? Darth Joshie made an appearance. Yes, Joshie, the child who still hides behind me in terror during new (or sometimes even routine) social situations, decided to make his presence known during the program. No, he didn't quote Darth Vader (which, I'm afraid to admit, would have been EVEN MORE awesome) (!!!). Instead, he decided to breath into the microphone like Darth Vader. Repeatedly.
Then he said his part about the Word of Wisdom. He was said something along the lines of (emphasis added where he added it) "The Word of Wisdom says you shouldn't drink coffee or BEER. You should eat APPLES. Your body is a temple and you should keep it CLEAN."
You can imagine the humor in a five year old speaking about beer and apples in Sacrament meeting.
It was also humorous for anyone who knows Josh, because that child is a junk food/candy/non-healthy food addict. The irony of him preaching to us about eating healthily was not lost.
All I could do was smile, shake my head, and think something along the lines of (in a Hank Hill voice) "That boy ain't right."
I'm just glad the congregation found it as amusing as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment